Cold-formed steel has been recognized as an economical section. Cold-formed steel is playing an important role in various industries. The production of cold-formed steel in China has a history of more than 40 years. So far, the output has steadily increased, the equipment production capacity has been continuously expanded, the variety is increasing, and the potential market capacity is large. In the future, China's cold-formed steel production will have a new development.
Cold-formed steel is generally made of hot-rolled or cold-rolled strip steel. At normal temperature, it is processed by drawing, stamping, bending or roll bending forming units to bend into various cross-sectional shapes. The cold-formed steels mentioned in this article refer to products processed by continuous roll bending forming units. Cold-formed steel products have the following characteristics:
(1) It is possible to produce thin sections with complex cross-section shapes that are difficult to produce by ordinary hot rolling methods;
(2) Because cold and hot rolled steel coils are used as raw materials and bent and formed in multiple pairs of forming rolls, the product surface of cold-formed steel is smooth and the cross-sectional dimension of the product is high;
(3) The raw materials are long cold and hot rolled steel coils, and the length of the processed products can be flexibly adjusted according to the needs of users;
(4) The cross-sectional shape of the product can be designed according to user needs, and the structure is reasonable. The cross-sectional performance (section coefficient) per unit weight is superior to that of hot-rolled section steel. It can save 10% to 40% of steel for structural steel;
(5) For construction, it can reduce the weight of the building, reduce the foundation, facilitate processing, short construction period, and low comprehensive infrastructure costs;
(6) Suitable for earthquake-resistant and fire-resistant structures;
(7) Components used in the manufacture of automobiles, tractors, trailers, rolling stock, agricultural implements, and lifting and transportation machinery can effectively reduce the weight of the equipment, reduce production costs, save power consumption, and improve the efficiency of transportation and machinery work;
(8) The materials of cold-formed steel products are diverse, not only can produce general carbon steel, low-alloy high-strength steel, stainless steel, but also various plated plates (such as galvanized, tinned, aluminized, etc.) Coated plates (all kinds of organic plastic coatings) and other cold-formed steels, as well as a variety of non-ferrous metals (such as copper, aluminum, titanium, etc.), can meet various needs. The roll cold-formed steel forming production line is simpler than the rolling mill equipment for producing similar products, the equipment is light in weight, the floor area is small, the relative investment is small, the production operation is easy to master, the production staff is small, the efficiency is high, the environmental pollution is reduced, and the labor conditions are improved .